Schools’ Week is an important part of our Windsor Platinum Jubilee Celebrations, it is unique to Windsor and a chance for all the local schoolchildren to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee. James Manwaring from the Windsor Learning Partnership has been working hard to bring all the schools in Windsor together to share ideas and collaborate wherever possible on Jubilee events. This is a fantastic opportunity for children to mix across schools and age ranges to join in the excitement of the Jubilee.
Events during the week include:
- The Platinum Jubilee Schools Banquet – Monday 23rd May at Eton College. By invitation only, a Celebration of Education, where pupils have designed the menu, prepared the food, and will serve the food to the assembled guests of c. 85 people. Guests were nominated for their contributions to the local community, in particular where linked to the education, health and welfare of the next generation. Attended by the Head Master of Eton College and Alain Roux, Celebrity Chef, with a drinks reception and welcome from the Provost of Eton College.
- Schools’ Week Daily Live Radio Broadcasts at 10.30am each day from Upton House School with a broadcast workshop day on the Friday. Click here to tune in
- Jubilee Debating Competition at Eton College on Tuesday, 2.30 to 5pm, where teams from a number of schools debate 2 issues, one pre-prepared relating to views on the best monarchs and one announced on the day on a topic of the day. A cup will be presented to the winning team.
- Schools’ Week Royal Lecture at Pug Yard, Windsor Castle Learning Centre, Tuesday 24th at 4.30 to 5.30pm.
- Musical Theatre Night on the Tuesday 24th at The Old Court, 7pm. Tickets available at https://tickets.oldcourt.org/sales/events/a-night-at-the-musicals/ticket
- The Big Sing events, one at the Windsor Boys School and one at Dedworth Middle School – on Tuesday 24th at 3pm and Thursday 26th at 10am respectively. A chance for children from all the schools across Windsor to come together to sing the Jubilee Schools’ Song – The Long Walk – together. Parents welcome to come along and enjoy this special celebration of the Jubilee to hear the song which was created by local school children.
- Sports Afternoon on Wednesday 25th May at The Windsor Boys School
- Chess Competition at the Windsor Boys School at 3.30pl on Wednesday 25th.
- Classical Soiree at Upton House at 5pm on Wednesday 25th.
- Platinum Jubilee Schools’ Concert at the Windsor Boys School on Thursday 26th from 6 to 7pm, featuring the Schools Choir singing the Jubilee song, with host Kevin Cruise of Pantomime fame (Tickets all sold out).
- Long Walk Live Performance of the Jubilee Song ‘The Long Walk’ by the Windsor Schools’ Choir at 2pm on Friday 27th.
- Rock Night at the Old Court on Friday 27th at 7pm. Tickets available at https://tickets.oldcourt.org/sales/events/the-rock-night/ticket
In addition to all these events individual schools are also organising a number of their own activities as the w/c 23rd May is the last week of the school term before the Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend, which is during half term.
For further information, please contact James Manwaring or Helen Sandom via [email protected]