After a week full of exciting activities for local school children the final day of the Windsor Platinum Jubilee Schools’ Week will draw to a close with yet more wonderful events. We hope that this week will have provided the young people of Windsor with happy lifelong memories of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
DAY 5 HIGHLIGHTS
- Schools’ Week Daily Live Radio Broadcast – 10.30am Click here to tune in
- Morning – Rehearsals at The Windsor Boys School for Platinum Jubilee Long Walk celebrations
- Broadcasting Workshop day at Upton House
- Long Walk Live Performance of the Jubilee Song ‘The Long Walk’ by the Windsor Schools’ Choir at 2pm. The special Jubilee song is aptly called ‘The Long Walk’, referencing the long 70 years of The Queen’s reign. It was created at a workshop at Windsor Castle, where Emily Barden (@bardenmusic) worked with a team of local school children on lyrics and music that reflected their views of The Queen and her reign. Click here to find out more about the song and live performances
- 4pm – Live broadcast review of the week
- Rock Night at the Old Court, Windsor at 7pm. Tickets available at https://tickets.oldcourt.org/sales/events/the-rock-night/ticket
In addition to all these events individual schools are also organising a number of their own activities as the w/c 23rd May is the last week of the school term before the Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend, which is during half term.