Windsor Platinum Jubilee Schools’ Week continues today and through to Friday 27 May
DAY 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Schools’ Week Daily Live Radio Broadcasts from Upton House School at 10.30am click here to tune in.
- Jubilee Debating Competition at Jafar Hall, Eton College on Tuesday, 2.30 to 5pm, where teams from a number of schools debate 2 issues, one pre-prepared relating to views on the best monarchs and one announced on the day on a topic of the day. A cup will be presented to the winning team.
- The Big Sing at the Windsor Boys School at 3pm. A chance for children from all the schools across Windsor to come together to sing the Jubilee Schools’ Song together. Parents welcome to come along and enjoy this special celebration of the Jubilee. The special Jubilee song is aptly called ‘The Long Walk’, referencing the long 70 years of The Queen’s reign. It was created at a workshop at Windsor Castle, where Emily Barden (@bardenmusic) worked with a team of local school children on lyrics and music that reflected their views of The Queen and her reign. Click here to find out more about the song and live performances
- Schools Week Royal Lecture – “The Queens Image – a look at Our Platinum Queen’s image in photographs from The Royal Collection” 4:30 – 5:30pm at Pug Yard, Windsor Castle Learning Centre – click here for more information
- Musical Theatre Night 7pm at The Old Court, Windsor – Tickets available at https://tickets.oldcourt.org/sales/events/a-night-at-the-musicals/ticket
In addition to all these events individual schools are also organising a number of their own activities as the w/c 23rd May is the last week of the school term before the Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend, which is during half term.